Monday, May 10, 2010

Lupus Awareness Day

 

I just wanted to write-up a quick post today about World Lupus Day.  This is an auto immune disorder that is very near and dear to my heart.  My Mom suffers from it, along with loads of her friends.  Most of which she made because of the disease.  To see how this disease has affected me directly, click here.  This is a post I wrote last October.  What I failed to mention in that particular piece is that I have blood drawn every 6 months to check for Lupus.  I also have the worry every day of whether or not the genes that cause it were passed onto my 3 kids (especially my girls!).  If you feel so inclined, go check out Lupus.org.  Maybe you know someone with the disease.  Maybe you had infertility related to it.  Maybe you are just curious.  Maybe you have it.  Maybe someone you love has it.  Whatever the reason, a little knowledge hasn't ever hurt anyone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment