Thursday, July 15, 2010

These are the sweet moments.



It's not very often I write a post exclusively about CS.  Maybe it's because she's the youngest of my 3.  Maybe it's because she's so laid back and go with the flow.  One thing is for sure though, she is 150% her own little person.  Yes, she cries, argues with her brother and sister AND thinks she needs to get her way most of the time.  Are those bad things?  Neh.  She's the baby of the family. 

She also has this uncanny ability to know exactly where I am at all times.  This morning I was trying to "hide" in my bedroom and clean out my dresser.  Well, she "found" me.  She came into the room, grabbed my hand and said "Mommy, we get on bed and 'nuggle preeze?".  How can I pass that up?  So, we both climb up on the bed and she just curls up.  You know what I'm talking about, that tiny baby melts into you curling up.  She has always done this.  She will walk up to me at any time and just say "I need Mommy 'nuggles".  She almost always gets her wish.  Why wouldn't she?  She climbs up, binky in one hand, other one rubbing her belly button (that's her thing), and just sighs. 

Why am I sharing this?  Because I know that all too soon she'll be declaring her utter independence from me.  I'll no longer be her "go to" person.  Her friends will become more important.  School will keep her busy.  Any number of things will allow her to gain her independence.  Right now though, she's my little CS.  Mommy's girl.  'Nuggle lover.  All around sweetheart.  I cherish these moments.  They are fleeting.

5 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by One2OneNetwork and Kandi Barnes, Kandi Barnes. Kandi Barnes said: A post this morning all about my youngest http://bit.ly/bXftxb [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was so sweet!! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. You made me tear up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was so sweet!! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot. You made me tear up.

    ReplyDelete