Monday, November 22, 2010

I’m beginning to feel the spirit!

Remember last week when I wrote about our neighbors putting up their Christmas lights?  You don't?  Well, go refresh yourselves and then come back.  I'll wait..... :-) 

I must say that this week I'm beginning to feel the holiday spirit!  Thanksgiving is in a matter of days.  Turkey city baby!!  Well, that and giving thanks for all the blessings in my life! 

I keep seeing little tidbits that are putting me more and more in the spirit.  This weekend it was the Pampers Peace on Earth commercial.  You know, the one with all the sleeping babies while Silent Night plays in the background.  I adore that commercial.  I makes me smile each and every time I see it.   I remember sitting in the rocking chair nursing CS and seeing this commercial.  If I told you I didn't cry would you believe me?  Neh, I didn't think so.  CS was about a month old and my hormones were still crazy.  I sat and cried buckets.  I've never had a commercial lead to that effect on me.  This is why it's one of my favorites.  I mean, sleeping babies are one of the most precious things ever!  The one that got me was the little one who had the quivering mouth.  All 3 of my kids have done that.  It's one of the sweetest things to witness ever!!

Then, while jamming to music with the kids Sunday evening the song Mele Kalikimaka came on.  I came around the corner out of the kitchen singing it and the kids just looked at me and cracked up.  CS ask what the song was and I told her it was from a fantastic movie about Christmas.  She then ask to watch the movie, but I honestly think she is a little too small to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation just yet. 

The only commercial I'm missing on the television is the Hershey's bell commercial.  This one is BY FAR my favorite, all-time Christmas commercial!  It's so simple, but oh so cute at the same time.  My favorite part is the end when the bell "wipes its forehead".  This commercial has been on for years and I still giggle each time I see that!  Once I see this one though, I KNOW Christmas is soon. 

What's your favoritie Christmas commercial?  Do you have a Christmas song that brings to mind memories or movies like I do?  I'm hoping I'm not alone in this!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Christmas. The boys are BOTH singing out the Christmas songs this year! :) LOVE hearing them break into Christmas songs spontaneously!

    ReplyDelete