Friday, January 21, 2011

Writing Practice

I wanted to share an idea I recently had with you.  If you have little ones in your house who are learning to write, this may be something for you to try.  Ren is really into practicing his numbers.  He knows how to form each number, but sometimes gets frustrated if they aren't "right".  So, here's my idea.

Get a blank calendar and let them fill in the numbers.  I took a couple pictures of Ren writing his numbers into his calendar. 





I'm sure he doesn't care what year it's from, but ours happens to be one that our insurance agency gave us for 2011.  It has muscle cars as the pictures, so that helps keep his attention.  He is LOVING this!  I've found him several times sitting at the table alone just writing away.  That makes me so happy to see him focus on something! 

Anyway, I just thought I'd pass along this idea to you.  I'm thinking about heading to the dollar store in a bit to snag a couple more calendars.  Both of his sisters are wanting to have their own "number book" to practice in as well!

3 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by andrea mann, Kandi Barnes. Kandi Barnes said: Here's an idea for those little ones who want to practice writing their numbers http://bit.ly/hrkpPC [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I need to try this, I bet Aiden would love it. He gets frustrated when they aren't perfect or just right either!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were a good mommy role model! You are so smart and good at making our kids super smart!!!

    ReplyDelete