Are your kids getting tired of being indoors all the time? Are you running out of ideas on what to do? Well, I have a solution, especially if you're in my area (Ohio). It may be time for you and your family to make a trip to Columbus and visit COSI (Center for Science and Industry). Think about it. It's probably only a couple of hours away, at the most. You could make a whole day of it.
We will be heading up that way soon to check out the newest exhibit Geckos: Tails to Toepads. If you're kids are as curious about everything as mine are, they are sure to love it. Some of the highlights of Geckos: Tails to Toepads include
- A hands-on adventurewhere you get to test out gecko night vision, listen to their voices and try to spot camoflaged geckos.
- Explore all aspects of geckos including their role in human culture, their importance in ecosystems and how they may be able to help out in the bio-technology field.
- Spectacular photos of the geckos taken close-up by renowned wildlife photographers (I personally think I will adore this!)
This is from their website:
|Bulging eyes for night vision, 'sticky' toepads that can climb glass, extreme camouflage, squawking voices, and disposable body parts. There are more than 1,000 species of Geckos living across the globe from balmy tropical beaches and lush rainforests to frigid mountain slopes and parched deserts. They range from shadowy nighttime hunters to neon-colored nectar eaters that scamper around in daylight. Welcome to the Geckos world! |
Geckos: Tails to Toepads exhibition is going on now at COSI and continues its run through May 8, 2011, so you have plenty of time to get there! The exhibit is included in the cost of admission to COSI, but you can purchase tickets to the exhibit only. COSI is open Wednesday-Sunday from 10AM to 5PM and on Sundays from 12PM to 6PM. Ticket prices vary and discounts are available. To see the full pricing list, click here.
Their website is chock full of information. My personal favorite is the Itinerary page. It helps you with planning your visit by providing a sample itinerary based on your kids ages. Great help!! Also, while you're there check out the Mysteries of the Great Lakes, running through May 27, 2011 on the 7 story high Extreme Screen! This is something Chuck is going to love, while I will probably check out the Legends of Flight which runs through March 13, 2011.
Now, onto the fun part! How would you and your family like to go see Geckos: Tail to Toepads for free? We have a family 4 pack of passes to giveaway! Here are the ways to enter:
- Let me know what COSI experience you think you'd enjoy. Whether it be on the Extreme Screen or and exhibit.
- Follow COSI on Facebook or Twitter.
- Follow us on Facebook
- Tweet #MommyConfessionsBlog is giving away a family pack of tickets to @COSICols. I entered and can't wait to get my Gecko on! @MomConfess
Make sure you leave one comment per entry.
This giveaway will run through February 8 at 9PM and I will be using random.org to choose the winner. The winner will be notified by email and have 24 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond within the 24 hours, a new one will be selected using the method above. Thanks for entering and good luck!
***was given 4 tickets to attend Geckos: Tails to Toepads at COSI for writing this post. My family is super excited to attend! I can't wait to come back and share photos of our experience!***