Thursday, May 12, 2011

Down on the Farm

Yesterday, I had an exciting day!  I went on the my field trip with A!  We went to a local farm and it was so much fun!

I will be honest here and let you know that Tuesday night I was nervous and anxious.  After I had tucked away the kids I started thinking about what I was going to do with my "charges" on the field trip.  All my worries melted away when we arrived at school the next morning.  My "charges" were the 3 most quiet, shy and girlie girls of the entire class.  I happily thanked A's teacher and she said that she thought those particular girls would do well with me since they knew me.  (Disclaimer:  I'm one of the room parents for A's class and recently got elected to secretary of the PTO at her school.  I'm around a lot!)

The farm we traveled to was very informative and educational!  The girls were in love with the animals, especially the baby animals!  Oh, and there were all kinds of baby animals!  There were goats, lambs, piglets, kittens, ducklings, and chicks just to name a few.  They also had a raised vegetable garden and an herb garden for the kids to explore and learn about!  The cutest part to me personally was the hike we took into the woods and fields.  Having three girlie girls in my charge, when we would come upon mud or something equally icky they would tiptoe around saying "eww, eww, eww".  Whereas, another group of boys just charged right through without even hesitating, laughing all the way through.  The girls were interested in finding flowers and looking for turtles.  The boy group were looking for "bears and fox".  Eventually, the all boy group got ahead of us, but the girls and I still had a lot of fun! 

I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took while there.  The picture with A in it shows how extremely humid yesterday was!  It was in the high '80's and humid as all get out!  Wow, it was hot!  Then again, we all had on long pants, so that may have played a roll in it. 

 [gallery columns="2"]

No comments:

Post a Comment