Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Birthday!

It's Friday AND it's a holiday weekend.  What a weekend for a birthday right?  Well, unless you're Ren.  Tomorrow my little man turns 5 and it's a BIG DEAL!

So, here goes the sappy part.  Remember, you were warned.  5 years ago and 7:30 A.M. (it was a Sunday) I got to hear my Ob/gyn complain that he had just taken his shower and was preparing for church when he got the call to come and deliver me.  What a way to remember a birth right?  Actually, he DID complain, but in a joking manner.  The updates he had been given said I was far from delivery, so when the call went out at 7 I was ready to push, he was startled.

Yet, at 7:30 on the dot, July 2,  my long, chubby little man made his first appearance into this great world of ours!  He was perfect.  5 fingers on each hand, 5 toes on each foot and only two eyes (I had recurring nightmares with each pregnancy about the kids being born with 3 eyes.  Ask Andrea, she'll tell you I was a nut!). He had blonde hair, blue eyes and looked exactly like my hospital picture.  I was in love and cried like a baby when they handed him to me.  Our little Ren was here!  That night after dark, I was standing in my hospital room looking out over the city when much to my surprise I saw fireworks (I had forgotten it was a holiday weekend). I remember standing at the window holding Ren, Chuck looking over my shoulder and thinking "What a way to begin a life, fireworks for your birthday".  Since then, Ren has thought fireworks are to celebrate his birth.  We *may have* told him that.

[caption id="attachment_4597" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="He was one day old!"][/caption]

Each year we let the kids pick the "theme" of their party.  This year, Ren has chosen Transformers.  Have you ever been so excited about a party theme?  I was.  It's not that I love Transformers or anything, but with the movie coming out it made finding decorations and gifts that. much. easier.  Hurray to Ren picking an awesome theme!  I'm thankful the weather is supposed to be typical summer weather for our area.  The temps will be in the '90's with humidity.  All the more reason to break out the sprinkler on some fun loving kids!

[caption id="attachment_4598" align="aligncenter" width="216" caption="My little man! "][/caption]

Happy Birthday Ren!  I can't imagine a better little man to have been gifted to us for safekeeping.  It's an honor to be your Mommy and see you grow and learn every single day.  I love you little man!  You're everything I dreamed of and ask for in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment