Saturday, October 25, 2008

Refelctions on Sweet Pea's 1st year of life...yup, it's sappy!



This is sappy, I know...hahaha.

Today my baby girl turns 1. She was born via induction at 5:30 in the afternoon/evening. There were lots of people there for her birth! Honestly, by the time she was born I didn't care who got a full on shot of "down there"! She was the smallest of my three weighing in at 7 pounds 14 ounces and the sweetest little face ever! It took having 3, but I finally had one that resembled me!

She was the best little thing in the hospital! So quiet and slept all the time. Thankfully from day 1, I could tell she was going to be way more laid back than her siblings. I was once told that 3rds have to be like this because there isn't enough attention to go around. I don't know if that is true or not (I'm a 1st and so is hubby), but she gets loads of attention!

I honestly can't believe she is turning 1 today. I seems like all I did was blink and she is almost ready to walk! Yup, she still crawls. Sure, she will walk behind her push toys, but prefers to crawl. I'm okay with that. I want her to stay a baby as long as possible and walking throws her full on into toddler land.

Not to say she hasn't accomplished a lot in this year! She has 2 teeth, can pick up the smallest bit of whatever is on the floor between her finger and thumb, and loves to give Mommy and Daddy kisses. She can say Dada, yeehaw (yes, she really says this...Cubs taught her how!), and on occasion she will say Mama. She can say nana, yaya, and something that resembles cat. Her hair is a light brown, and I'm thinking will have some curl to it (yay!). She has dark blue eyes that may eventually change to hazel like her Daddy's.

She gives hugs like crazy! Has the cutest smile and giggles a lot. The other two play very nicely (most of the time) with her. Sweet Pea loves her bear, has to have cheerios with her breakfast and adores blueberry fruit puffs!

She has such a sweet personality, hence her nickname! It's rare that she will wake up crying, or be in a foul mood. If I am ever having a bad day, she just has this way of knowing and gives hugs and giggles! That always makes me feel better!

This year has been packed with some issues with her as well. She was in the hospital for 4 days with RSV when she was 3 months old. She also has a very ugly looking, yet harmless, issue with her belly button. Nothing too much else has happened with her.

She's already been in 3 states. Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky. She is the indirect reason Mommy finally got a minivan! Loves Barney and the (oh, no!) Teletubbies. She has to have her fish book read to her daily and yes, it will take a while for a 6 page book.

Well, that's all the memories I can handle right now! Speaking of the birthday girl, she's just alerted me that she's awake from her nap. So, Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Pea! It sure flew by fast.....


No comments:

Post a Comment