Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What I did this weekend...

Ever have one of those weekends where you feel more accomplished than others? Well, that was NOT the kind of weekend I had. After a "surprise" visit from my mother-in-law, I just needed to do something for myself yesterday. So, in doing something for myself I actually did something for the baby and my couch. I re-covered the pillows on the couch and made the baby some Dora pillows. It felt good just to sit at the sewing machine and do something that allows me to "zone out" and focus on the task at hand WITHOUT interruption!

Here are a couple pics of what I got done. I still have 3 pillows to finish for the couch, but I am wanting some orange and yellow/brown fabric and will have to hit the stores this weekend to find it. I change my pillows with the seasons, so fall makes me think of oranges, yellows, reds and browns. I left out the red and went for the rest of the colors. I added in some green and teal for a different color than what people may be expecting. I love changing the pillows. It makes the living room take on a new look and it's a really low cost way to achieve that.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, really liking the pillows! The one brown one looks like suede, is that difficult to sew?

    ReplyDelete