Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Life is in Shambles...

posted by Kandi

Maybe shambles is a harsh word, but that's how I feel. While I was away at a super fabulous Build-A-Bear birthday party for Scarlett (Andrea's), Chuckie was at home working tirelessly on the beginning stages of moving our website. When we arrived back home he starts walking up the stairs, my laptop in his hands and open. Lo and behold there was a toy on our steps (shock and surprise there). Well, when his foot met the toy and he slipped he chose to save his own balance. Meanwhile my entire life (slight exaggeration here) fell from his hands and tumbled back down the stairs....AAAAAAKKKKKKK!!!!! He ran back down the stairs with me close behind. Sadly, laying at the bottom was my laptop. The screen was shattered, buttons popped off and well, it was dead. Crap!! I immediately started crying. Not so much for the laptop, but every single picture of my kids that has been taken for the last 2 1/2 years was on it!! All of them!!

Thankfully the hard drive is fine and Chuck was able to pull that out and retrieve everything! I say thankfully because well, he's an awesome computer guy like that!! Sadly, for the time being I have to go ALL THE WAY downstairs to use a computer. In the man cave. Where it's cold, usually dark and smells like a giant fart mixed with men's deodorant and sweat. Lovely aroma let me tell ya.

The best part of it all....I get a new laptop!! Woohoo!! We already have it picked out and Chuckie is just waiting for it to come in so he can reload all of my schedules, addresses, planners and all the other important things that make this Mom happy (you know, like Facebook, TweetDeck...the truly important stuff...haha).

Moral of the story: Don't walk upstairs with your laptop open. Kids toys are dangerous things!

Best part of the story: new laptop..woot!!

4 comments:

  1. Katie@DomesticDebacleJanuary 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM

    I am so excited for you! And if you weren't able to get all that important stuff off- you know I know a pretty decent forensic computer expert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie@DomesticDebacleJanuary 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM

    I am so excited for you! And if you weren't able to get all that important stuff off- you know I know a pretty decent forensic computer expert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie! You're awesome, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katie! You're awesome, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete