Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mommy Confessions ~~ My new favorite thing

By the title you're probably thinking something fantastically wonderful right?  Well, you're not far off.  Especially if that fantastically wonderful thing is a drink!  Yes, I'm writing a post about my new-found loves. 

The first is Gold Peak Sweet Tea.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  This stuff is great!  It's like the sweet tea my Mom's bff makes.  The only difference?  Mom's bff lives in Georgia, so it's slightly harder to get her sweet tea.  Gold Peak, though, is sold in grocery stores in my area.  At a very reasonable cost too.  I can usually score it for around $2.50 for a 59 oz. container.  To me, that's a good price!  Oh, and an 8 oz. glass only has 80 calories.  I'm not going to list the sugar content though.  Why?  Well, it's sweet tea.  Of course it has a lot of sugar in it!  I can also read all the ingredients that are in it too.  That's always a plus in my book.  If you are a sweet tea lover like me, go check Gold Peak out.  It's found in my grocery store in the refrigerated section and has become a staple on my grocery list.


This is what I had out while writing this.  Just to prove I really DO own it..lol.


Now, onto the next drink(s) I've fallen for.  Simply Lemonade.  Simply Apple.  Simply Limeade.  The reason I've fallen for these is simple (pun intended).  They have a wonderful taste.  They are made from actual lemons, apples, and limes.  Nothing is added to them.  No extra sugars.  Nothing.  They are great!  My kids adore the Simply Lemonade Raspberry flavor.  All they do to that is add some raspberry puree to the lemonade.  They all run anywhere from $2.50 - $4, depending on which you get. They are also found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.  I really can't tell you how much hubs and the kids love these!  They have also become a staple on our grocery list. 


Why am I taking the time to tell you about these?  Well, mostly because I love them.  Yet, it's also because they fit into my new *if slightly sneaky* food plan for our house.  I'm trying to switch foods for things with more nutritional value.  I'm also switching to things made with natural ingredients.  The Gold Peak Sweet Tea completely helped my kick my caffeine issue.  I'm now completely soda/caffeine free!  One glass of Gold Peak makes me feel like I'm rewarding myself for being "good"..haha. 


I'd also like to add that I wasn't ask to write about these drinks.  I wasn't given anything (although a coupon in the paper may be nice once in a while!).  These are items that are new to our fridge and we love them.  I'm all about sharing things we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment