Monday, September 13, 2010

Mommy Confession ~~ My yard is pretty!

[slideshow]

Imagine a person who has done absolutely nothing to her flower beds.  Did my name pop into your head?  If not, it should have.  I admit it.  I slacked.  BIG TIME!  I worried about my garden more than I did about weeding my perennial flower beds in the front of the house. 

Nothing bad happened.  They are perennial beds for a reason.  That way, I don't have to keep planting stuff.  Just do a LOT of weeding.  This year though, I just kind of gave up.  I let the weeds have their way.  It wasn't pretty.  I really wish I would have taken a picture of them before I started weeding. 

The slide show above shows what the beds look like now.  Last weekend I spent most Sunday on my knees pulling weeds.  5 buckets full and some colorful words later, they were done.  Then it was onto the mulch.  I spent a lot of last week looking a colors.  Yes, colors of mulch.  I narrowed it down to brown and red.  Both would work nicely with our house color.  In the end, I chose red.  It pops against our khaki colored exterior. 

I wanted to send a huge thank you to Lowe's for the awesome 3/$10 mulch sale they had this week!  I'm also very thankful for the fall like weather we've been having around here!  The cooler temps have been screaming for me to get the yard ready for winter.  Have you been getting ready for the fall and winter in the yard?  If so, share with us!  I'm always looking for new things to do/use in mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment