Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our holiday was icky.

I'm hoping everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving and indulged on some turkey!  Around our house half of us did that, the other half, not so much. 

The day before Thanksgiving, I was awake late into the night making pies and cheesecakes.  Thanksgiving day rolls around and I finished my contributions to our families feast.  Then it happened.  A started throwing up.  At first I thought maybe it was sinus drainage.  It wasn't.  She threw up all. day. long.  So, hubs took the two smaller ones and all the food to Grammy's house.  A and I hung out at home (we DID go over for about 15 minutes but promptly left).  By this time I'm nauseous as well.  Between the two of us we slept all afternoon and evening long.  Thankfully A woke up that night and was starving.  She ate everything in sight for about 30 minutes and has been fine since. 

Me, on the other hand, I just got worse as the days progressed.  By Saturday I had gotten sick a couple of times but was just really queasy.  Saturday night rolls around and all the sickness in me decided to come out.  The bathroom became my best friend for around 24 hours or so.  By Sunday afternoon, hubs had called my Mom and Grammy and alerted them to what was going on.  The three of them decided I needed to go to the ER.

Now, I'll be brutally honest here.  I rarely get sick.  Oh, I may get a cold, but to get REALLY sick happens maybe once every 5 or so years.  Seriously.  Yes, it's okay to hate me, I know I'm weird.  Hubs has only seen me this sick one other time in the 11 years we've been together. 

So, off to the ER I go.  Hubs stayed home and put the kids to bed, so their routine wouldn't be messed up and things would be "normal" for them.  Grammy took me to the ER and my Mom met us there.  I was taken back quite quickly.  It was determined I was severely dehydrated.  Not a huge shock with as sick as I had been.   They started and IV and gave me some nausea medicine.  Within about 30 minutes I was feeling a lot better.  By the time they had put all the fluids in me I felt almost 100% again.

By Monday afternoon I was back to laundry and keeping up with the kids.  Now I'm planning on making a turkey with all the fixings for dinner one night this week.  A has ask for it and I feel that we got jipped out of Thanksgiving.  Therefore a do-over is necessary.  Later this week, Thanksgiving, take 2.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment