Monday, March 14, 2011

Found things

Have you seen the HGTV show If Walls Could Talk?  If not, it's about people finding things in their homes that belong to previous owners and wondering about their story.  Let me explain...

Sunday morning, I was in the shower.  Since we only have 1 bathroom in our house, interruptions are the norm.  Today, the interruption caught me completely by surprise. 

We got the girls bunk beds put together Saturday and spent the rest of the day exchanging room with them.  They had previously occupied what should be the master bedroom because they had a twin bed and crib which took up a lot of room.  Saturday, Chuck and I claimed the master bedroom back for ourselves (we're quite selfish aren't we!).  Along with the room exchange also went the switching of the cable lines, phone line, etc.  Needless to say, Chuck spent quit a lot of time with his drill and wires in his hands.  It was during one of the wire changes that my shower was interrupted.  No, he didn't accidentally drill something he shouldn't have and caused a leak or anything.  That would have been far less weird. 

Back to my shower.  Anyway, I just shut off the water and ask "Who's in here?".  No response, so I hop out and put my robe on.  It was then I realize Chuck is standing at the sink holding something blue.  I looked at him and he held it up.  I'm not kidding when I say this, but it was a pair of women's blue silk bikini underwear with little bows on it.  AND he's rinsing them out.  In our sink. 

I, as gently as possible, ask him exactly what in the h-e-double hockey sticks he's doing and he ask me why my underwear were in the ceiling in the basement.  I must have looked at him like he had two heads because his next comment was "aren't these yours?".  I shook my head no, then ask him why he would have thought they would be mine?  When no answer came to him, he stopped what he was doing and dropped them into the garbage in the bathroom. 

Okay, now that part is over, two questions popped into my head.  1)  Who on earth put those undies in our ceiling? and 2)  why would anyone stick undies in the ceiling?  I'm not looking for answers, but still, I'm baffeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment