30-something years ago my parents were blessed with none other than me! Obviously I was loved from the instant I appeared. What's not to love? I was cute, chubby and burped like a man!
In honor of my 34 (I cannot believe I just wrote that number), here are a couple of oddities about me or random things I've noticed about turning 34.
- On most forms/surveys I'm about to enter a new age bracket. Most range 25-34 together. So next year I'll get lumped with the older folks. I'm screwed!
- I have more acne now than I ever did as a teen and I'm not thrilled about it. Ever explained a pimple to a curious 4 year old. Yeah...
- You'd think my cooking skills would be better. Nope.
- My entire mindset on younger kids has changed. Really. I just noticed it this weekend when I looked at a group of teens and thought "Geez, they need haircuts!". Y'all, I was a teen in the early 1990's. You know when Kurt Cobain rocked it out!
- I think my birthday should be a holiday. We can call it Kandi is awesome day!
- I'm closer to 35 than 30 and that terrifies me.
- I know when I was 20 I would tell everyone I planned to "age gracefully" and never color my hair when the gray appeared. I lied to each and every person I may have told that. I now see more than just a couple of random gray hairs. I'm making an appointment to get it dyed/highlighted. I may be getting older, but I'm not ready to look like my Grandma just yet....
- It always rains on my birthday. My grandmother kept a dairy of the temps, daily forecast, and a little oddity for every day of every year (all the way back to the 1960's, it's kind of cool). Anyway, with the exception of 3 out of my 34 years it's either rained or snowed on my birthday.
It's a short list, but I thought I'd share. I'm hoping you may have gotten a small giggle or laugh.