Monday, June 6, 2011

I have a filter

Do you have a filter on your blog?  Once upon a time, I didn't.  I used to write about everything and anything that crossed my mind.  I had no issues writing about frustrations, loves, funny little kid stories and the like.  Fast forward a little over two years and my censor button is on. 

I'm not sure exactly why I started censoring myself, but I have.  Oh wait, I may have a clue why...

Once upon a time, when Andrea and I began this blog, no one knew about it.  Well, no one whose feelings could potentially hurt by our posting.  Then we "outed" ourselves to everyone, I started my censor.  I don't like to hurt people or make them angry, so instead I started writing more about the kids, and their funny little stories.  I went back into our archives recently and laughed out loud at some of our posts.  Mine were silly and made me remember little snippets of time. 

So, why the post about a filter?  Well, I'm taking it off.  I'm turning a corner and going to write like I used to.  I'm not going to intentionally hurt people's feelings and will mostly write about the kids. 

What a way to start a Monday!  A new week, a new corner turned, a new (old) idea revisited.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea@mommyconfessionsblogJune 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM

    My friend that is why I still haven't outed the blog to 99% of my family and friends...

    ReplyDelete