Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pin For The Wednesdays (or Pin FTW)

Instead of our normal Wordless Wednesday, I wanted to take today and be a part of the famous Pin FTW over on Mommin' It Up.  You all know I love Pinterest.  Usually I look up inspirational exercise quotes or things to cook.  Crafts also rank up there in things I like to Pin. For those wanting to find me, here's the link to my Pinterest account.

The other day though, I came across a Pin that has forever changed the way I will clean my bathtub.  Yes, sometimes you DO find things that will change your life.  Well, maybe not that extreme.  It will make you feel like you've accomplished something fabulous without really putting forth a lot of effort though.

So, what is this fabulous Pin?  It's a Pin with a link back to This Blessed Life.  What is the Pin all about?  Getting the mold from around your bathtub.  AND IT WORKED!!

People, I don't kid here.  It cost me less than any cleaning solution you could buy at the store.  As the blog post suggests, I headed to my local Sally Beauty Supply store and picked up the rolled cotton.  Bleach is a staple in my laundry room, so no need to purchase that!

If you click over to the link and check out the before pic of her tub, then you have a pretty good idea of what mine looked like as well. Saturday night, after the kids were in bed, I headed to the bathroom and started putting the cotton around the tub.  Sunday morning I bounded out of bed and headed straight to the bathroom to check out the tub.  To quote a good friend, "Oh my stars".  The grout was white!  Not just any white, but that super bright *we just got a new tub and put the grout in* white.  I. was. floored.

Moral of the story:  If you have moldy, icky, gross looking grout around your bathtub, give this a shot.  Truly.  I may even take a bubble bath since the icky stuff is gone.  Oh, who am I kidding.  I'll never get a bubble bath.  :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That looks amazing!! I am going to try that. My shower is reprehensible. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete