Ren has been so sick for the last week and a half. It started off a a sinus infection and quickly went downhill. What we've wound up with is pneumonia. Not just any pneumonia. A 'wow, we have only seen 2 or 3 cases like this' pneumonia.
So, you're wondering why it sucks? Here it is. Ren is grumpy. Not your normal grumpy mind you. He's a raging, crying, my life sucks and I hate you grumpy. Ren is NOT like this. Ever. It's killing me to see him like this.
Ren is normally very active and a little more sensitive then other boys his age. Right now all he wants to do is sleep and sleep some more.
In the last week he has:
- lost 5 pounds. Literally. He weighed 58 pounds last Monday. Yesterday he weighed 53.9.
- Almost stopped eating. I'm of the camp that says any calories are better than nothing at all. So, yesterday, when he got two shots, I got him a milkshake from McD's. Last night I got him to eat some rice that I had piled with butter and Parmesan cheese.
- He's not very active. This is the weirdest part of all. My little man doesn't sit still. Ever.
- I promise you that if this is his way of getting out of playing soccer, I am not amused.
- He woke up this morning, ate some eggs and toast and went right back to bed. He's been asleep for around 2 hours.
With all of this being said, I am going to try to get some posts written up tonight after he's in bed. I can't promise anything, but if I skip a day this week please understand.