Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pneumonia sucks.

I meant to post something yesterday, but frankly, didn't.  For those super parents who can have sick kids at home and still get something posted, I envy you.  I can't.

Ren has been so sick for the last week and a half.  It started off a a sinus infection and quickly went downhill.  What we've wound up with is pneumonia.  Not just any pneumonia.  A 'wow, we have only seen 2 or 3 cases like this' pneumonia.

So, you're wondering why it sucks?  Here it is.  Ren is grumpy.  Not your normal grumpy mind you.  He's a raging, crying, my life sucks and I hate you grumpy.  Ren is NOT like this.  Ever.  It's killing me to see him like this.

Ren is normally very active and a little more sensitive then other boys his age.  Right now all he wants to do is sleep and sleep some more.

In the last week he has:

  1. lost 5 pounds.  Literally.  He weighed 58 pounds last Monday.  Yesterday he weighed 53.9.

  2. Almost stopped eating.  I'm of the camp that says any calories are better than nothing at all.  So, yesterday, when he got two shots, I got him a milkshake from McD's.  Last night I got him to eat some rice that I had piled with butter and Parmesan cheese.

  3. He's not very active.  This is the weirdest part of all.  My little man doesn't sit still.  Ever.

  4. I promise you that if this is his way of getting out of playing soccer, I am not amused.

  5. He woke up this morning, ate some eggs and toast and went right back to bed.  He's been asleep for around 2 hours.


With all of this being said, I am going to try to get some posts written up tonight after he's in bed.  I can't promise anything, but if I skip a day this week please understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment