Friday, September 21, 2012

Kandi's Confessions

I haven't done a whole lot this week.  Here goes anyway:

  • Ren has pneumonia.  He is never my 'sick child'.  For him to feel this terribly is scary for both Chuck and I.  Thankfully his pediatrician rocks and has him on the correct medication to get him healthy.  He hasn't been at school all week and it's been running to the pediatrician and hospital for various tests.

  • CS is in love with preschool.  She adores it.  I knew she was excited to *finally* start school, but I didn't realize how well she would be doing.  I'm so happy that all 3 of my kiddos love school!

  • My Cincinnati Reds could win the NL Central title tonight.  I haven't been this excited about the Reds in a while.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm no bandwagon fan.  However, I've cheered through good and bad times.  This is definitely a good time!

  • We are trying to figure out how to get to one more Reds game before their last game next week.  Chuck and I want to take CS to her first Reds game.  Earlier this season we took the other two, but this time it's going to be just her.

  • Chuck is getting more and more settled in his job.  As he does he is realizing how lucky he is to love his career.  He is reminded every day what it looks like to dislike your job.

  • This weekend A and Ren have soccer games.  It's also our weekend to provide snacks to Ren's team.  Sadly, with pneumonia, he can't even play.  So I am going to take the snacks to the game and wish his team well.  While some would shirk this duty, I won't.  Those little guys play too hard to do without.

  • Since being home with Ren all week, the house is really clean.

  • However my errands and volunteering are slacking.

  • This is one of those moments when you put your priorities in check and realize your kids are the most important.

  • I really really really want a new vehicle.  My Sienna is 14 years old and is missing some of the more modern minivan touches.  I just don't know if I want a crossover or a new minivan.  I see the benefits and downfalls of both.

  • It got chilly this week and I pulled the kids pants from this past spring out of the closet.  Here's the run down; Ren has gotten a LOT taller.  While his pants fit around the waist, they look like capris.  A needs a larger size for both waist and length.  CS, well, she just wears hand me downs.  She is still at the age where that doesn't bother her, thankfully.

  • We are planning on doing family pictures in the next two weeks.  Our clothing choices have to be changed though.  I assumed it would still be on the hotter side, but it's gotten fall-like faster than I anticipated.  Whoops.

  • A lost her homework today.  She seems to be doing that a lot.  It's worrisome.  She will do her homework, put it in her bag and then lose it before she gets to school.  I wish I was kidding.


Well, I think that's it for me.  I have oodles of errands to run today.  Plus, a lunch date with Chuck at work.  Yay!

Have a great weekend everyone!  Go Reds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment