Friday, October 26, 2012

Kandi's Confessions ~ The I'm lazy because it's raining edition

Yes, you read that correctly.  It's raining.  This morning after the older two left for school and hubs left for work, CS and I snuggled back up in "Mommy and Daddy's big bed" and took a 2 1/2 hour nap.  I feel wonderful, but behind in what I had planned out for today.  Anyway, onto the confessing.

  • Have you entered our Girls Crochet Headbands giveaway yet?  You haven't?  Well, head over and enter here.  Trust me, they are too cute NOT to get some!  I ordered some for both my girls and cannot wait to get them!

  • Yesterday it was 80 degrees in Ohio.  It's been really nice all week actually.  Then today it has rained and it's only about 50 degrees.  Fall in Ohio is wonky.

  • I mention the weather because I really would have enjoyed it staying warm for 2 more days.  Sadly, soccer tournaments tomorrow will be freezing.  The high for the whole day will only be around 55 or so.  Layers and more layers!

  • We had an impromptu photography session last evening.  A lot of the pictures came out great.  Some not so much.  Hubs still isn't great at focusing.  However, we let A take a few pics of just hubs and I.  She did a good job for a 7 year old!

  • Speaking of pictures, my camera is failing.  It's a FujiFilm Finepix that's about 4+ years old.  I have used it.  A lot.  Now when I zoom there is a scratching sound and it takes longer to get the picture in focus.  Basically, I've used it so much that it's about to die.

  • I really want an SLR camera.  I took a couple of photography classes in college and have gotten to play with that type of camera in the past.  I really want one, but the cost is not budget friendly.  Especially for those who are not using it for money making reasons.  I have started a fund for this one (like I did my FujiFilm), but it may take a few years to get all the money saved.  That's the downside and positive side of a cash only budget.  You may want something, but you need to save to purchase it.  No impulse buying on credit!

  • We have soccer tournaments this weekend and then we are officially done with soccer for the year.  Yay!  Bring on baton lessons, swim, karate and preparing for Select soccer.  I'm tired thinking about it.

  • I'm attempting to make sweet and sour pork from scratch tonight.  I hope it goes well.

  • My cousin got married today.  I'm so excited for both of them.  They are great people and have been together for a long time.  Yay!

  • CS turned 5 yesterday.  I cannot believe she's 5!  She is a pretty happy little girl though.  She got an Our Generation doll from Target and several outfits for her new doll as well.  So far she's received $30 in cash for her birthday and is telling anyone who will listen that she's rich.  How I wish $30 in hand meant I was rich!

Well, I think that's it.  This has taken a while to write but distractions, phone calls, door knocks, and a grocery run interrupted.  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment