Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We had a Princess night!

A while back, Andrea posted about Disney Princesses on Ice coming to our area.  My mind immediately said "oh yeah, we are so there!" Just let me say, Disney knows how to put on a show!  We all went.  Yes, all of us including hubs and Ren.  Ren loved it.  His favorite part was the "fight scene" between Beast and Gaston, oh and singing "Hi Ho, It's off to work we go" with the 7 dwarfs.  All the kids loved that part actually.  The dwarfs appear on stage and the you hear a "Hi Hoooooo". CS stood up, spread her arms and yelled "Hi Hoooooo" right back!  So adorable!


Now, I won't go and spoil the whole show for you, but let's just say that Tinkerbell and Fairy Godmother make the show extra magical.  On a personal level, I adored it!  I mean, what little girl didn't grow up wanting to be a princess?  I know I did!  Snow White and Cinderella were my favorites growing up.  For this one magical night, I caught myself smiling, participating, laughing and generally acting like my little girls were.  It felt wonderful.  I was at a show that made my kids eyes sparkle.  They participated by clapping, singing and waving.  They laughed at the evil step-sisters in Cinderella (who are hilarious btw).  We gasped when Fairy Godmother appeared and cried when the evil step-sisters tore Cinderella's dress apart (which is a little harder to watch in real life than on a movie).


The finale is phenomenal!  I'm not giving that away here, but it took my breath away!  The dresses, the princes, the shear talent of ice skating in those dresses are all awe-inspiring!  If you get an opportunity to attend a Disney on Ice show, don't pass it up!  In true Disney style, they are fantastic!  Here are a few pictures I took


[slideshow]


You can follow this link to find a Disney on Ice show in your area.  For those of you in the Cincinnati area though, the Princesses will be arriving tomorrow!  Here is the information.


Disney's Princess Classics is coming to US Bank Arena Oct 6-10 you get to SAVE $4 ON ALL PERFORMANCES! by using CODE: MOM2 Restrictions: Not valid on Front Row or VIP seats; limit 4 per transaction; no double discounts. Here is the Ticketmaster Link to Cincinnati Disney On Ice: http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/180631/821550



***I received tickets from Feld Entertainment for providing the discount information and review of Disney on Ice presents Princess Classics.  The opinion of the fantastic, exciting and awe inspiring show are my own!***



I want to add in our experience also. ~


I (Andrea) took my oldest 2 on Sunday and all I have to say is WOW.  Scarlett dressed up Cinderella. She was so excited just to have a reason to wear it out. We kept it a BIG secret from her. Once we got there you should have seen her eyes. Both Evan and Scarlett sat so focused on the show. You never heard a peep from them.  At one point Scarlett looked at me and said "Mommy I love this. It is so beautiful. " Nothing like the perspective of a 5 yr old. It just brought tears to my eyes.


I was a little skeptical of taking Evan to it as it was Princesses. But Evan LOVED it also. It was a great show. And for all the men out there complaining that they don't want to go you will not be lacking in EYE CANDY on the stage.


I am sure you will enjoy it as much as we did. Thanks Feld for this chance to make some AWESOME memories with our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment