Do you ever wish you could try something new? Maybe make dinner that much easier to prepare after a long day? Well, this post may be able to help you with all of that!
Recently I was given the opportunity to try out some of Lawry's newest marinades and seasoning mixes. The picture below will show you what I received. I was SHOCKED at the abundance of items to try. Excited as well! See, I'm one of those people who just get stuck in food ruts. Oh, I have loads of ideas and a pretty good sized vintage cookbook collection. The problem with me is, every time I attempt something fancy or time consuming, I just mess it up. Typically it's a distraction (read the kids) or I forget to set the timer and it burns. I'm a great at baking pastries,pies and such; it's the stove top that doesn't agree with me..haha!
The picture above is what I got from Lawry's. Excited? I know I was. We have already used both of the marinades. They were delicious! I used the Sweet & Sour BBQ on pork and served it with snow peas and rice. The Sun dried tomato was used on some chicken and served with a steaming baked potato. Both were fantastic!! Definitely going on this Mom's list of marinades to keep on hand.
As for the seasoning mixes, we made the Chimichurri Burrito Casserole the day we got the kit. My kids LOVE anything with a Mexican flair and this was a huge hit with them! On the date night-in hubs and I have bi-weekly, we made the Tuscan-Style Chicken Marsala and served it with some cooked whole-wheat Linguine. Date night dinner was not only a breeze to make, but tasted wonderful!
Here is the description of the products I received. Did you know your choice of flavors say something about you? I had no idea until I read this, yet it makes sense.
- Joyous Joiners - Tart Flavors
If you are one for tart flavors, you tend to be extremely happy overall, particularly with your family, finances, work/life balance and even your health. As a Joyous Joiners you are an extrovert who loves to entertain at home, find it very important to join in social events in your community and are active on the greatest number of social networking sites.
- Self-Assured Adventurers - Spicy Flavors If your preference is for spicy flavors, consider yourself a confident, adventurous individual with a passion for travel and cooking. You are the biggest risk taker and although impulsive, you are not reckless – as a Self-Assured Adventurer you also tend to be resourceful, analytical, and most able to “look at the big picture.”
- The Sweet Lifers - Sweet Flavors
As a Sweet Lifer, home and family are close to your heart. You are the kindest and most loyal, although you probably wouldn’t admit that as you are also the most modest. As an individual that prefers sweeter flavors (honey and fruit-infused), you are influenced by your parents, enjoy family entertainment, and consider yourself spiritual.
- The Conventionalists - Savory Flavors
Your passion for savory flavors shows you have an enthusiasm for politics, enjoy camping and hiking and love outdoor barbeques and American cuisine. Along with the other Conventionalists, you tend to be more introverted than the rest of the groups and often describe yourself as a homebody.
- Szechuan Sweet & Sour BBQgives meat a delicious sweet and sour flavor with a touch of Szechuan heat
- Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato includes extra virgin olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, sweet red bell peppers and the perfect blend of herbs
- Asian Style Beef & Broccoli – This easy to prepare stir fry meal will remind your family of their favorite Asian restaurant. The dish combines beef, broccoli and seasonings with a hint of garlic. Serve it over rice and you have a complete, satisfying meal.
- Chimichurri Burrito Casserole – Lawry’s gives the familiar Burrito casserole a new twist with this traditional Latin American sauce. With a few simple fresh ingredients, mealtime just got a lot more exciting.
- Mediterranean Sundried Tomato & Garlic Chicken – Add a taste of the Mediterranean to your family’s casserole. This easy to bake casserole combines chicken, pasta, tomatoes and Feta cheese to easily make a flavorful meal any night of the week.
- Tuscan Style Chicken Marsala with Garlic and Basil– Chicken Marsala is a restaurant favorite, but it might not make the menu at home. This effortless version comes together on your stovetop with just a few fresh ingredients. Flavorful garlic and basil gives this meal its own Tuscan flair, perfect for serving over pasta or rice.
How can you get to try these as well? It's easy! Lawry's and MyBlogSpark are allowing me to give away a set of marinades and seasoning mixes. They are also giving you a Pyrex glass baking dish (with a lid!!!) and skewers. How to enter is below and there are several ways to enter. Make sure you leave a comment below for your entry to count.
- Subscribe to our blog and leave a message below letting us know you did it! If you already subscribe let us know!
- Tweet #MommyConfessionsBlog is giving away a Lawry's "What's Your Flavor" prize pack. http://bit.ly/bX44n5 (You only have to do this one once to be entered. Multiple tweets don't mean multiple entries..sorry.)
- "Like" us on Facebook http://on.fb.me/bZH4c9 and leave a comment below letting us know you did it!
- Leave a comment and let me know which seasoning mix or marinade sounds best to you!
This Lawry's "What's Your Flavor" giveaway will end on Tuesday, November 8 at 10 P.M. EST. I will select the winner using random.org. Thanks for entering and good luck!!
***I was given the products pictured above to try in my home from Lawry's through MyBlogSpark. The opinions of the products are my own. Thanks and go out and purchase some of them!! They're delicious!!***