Friday, August 17, 2012

Kandi's Confessions ~ 10 year anniversary edition

My confessions this week are going to be super short and super sweet.  You've been warned.

  • As I'm writing these I have ten thousand other things I should be doing.  First on that list is taking a shower.  Second is getting packed for our anniversary getaway.

  • Today is our 10th wedding anniversary.  It's kind of a big deal.

  • We both stayed up until midnight last night to exchange gifts.  We are that corny.

  • I handed Chuck my gift and he said "aw, what did you make me?"  I think I may have been on a big crafty kick and he thought I 'made' him something.

  • Side note:  I did make him something, but will give it to him later.

  • He was speechless when he opened his present.  I hope that was a good thing.

  • Speaking of gifts, he got me a weekend in Cincinnati.  I realize that may not sound exciting to some, but for me, it's perfect!

  • Did you know your 10 year anniversary is your diamond anniversary?  I didn't.  However, since I'm not a jewelry girl, he got me a big diamond!  He is taking me to the ball diamond to see my Reds play!  I cannot believe the seats he got.  Phenomenal!

  • The kids started school this week.  It's been an adjustment, but a good thing too.  We are all more settled and happier.  As much as I hate to admit it, all 5 of us are routine lovers.  Go with the flow isn't in our vocabulary.

  • CS starts pre-K on Monday.  We went and met with her teacher this morning.  She's in love!

  • I need to publically thank my Mom and Grammy for taking care of the kids so Chuck and I can have a little weekend getaway.  We haven't done this since...well.....having kids.

  • Oh, I thought I'd share a couple pictures.  Please note that they are scans of the originals and that they originals are copyright protected from the original photographer.  Okay, disclaimer over.



  • [caption id="attachment_6137" align="aligncenter" width="241" caption="It's official!"][/caption]

    [caption id="attachment_6136" align="aligncenter" width="219" caption="I was jumping and so giddy!"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment