- As I'm writing these I have ten thousand other things I should be doing. First on that list is taking a shower. Second is getting packed for our anniversary getaway.
- Today is our 10th wedding anniversary. It's kind of a big deal.
- We both stayed up until midnight last night to exchange gifts. We are that corny.
- I handed Chuck my gift and he said "aw, what did you make me?" I think I may have been on a big crafty kick and he thought I 'made' him something.
- Side note: I did make him something, but will give it to him later.
- He was speechless when he opened his present. I hope that was a good thing.
- Speaking of gifts, he got me a weekend in Cincinnati. I realize that may not sound exciting to some, but for me, it's perfect!
- Did you know your 10 year anniversary is your diamond anniversary? I didn't. However, since I'm not a jewelry girl, he got me a big diamond! He is taking me to the ball diamond to see my Reds play! I cannot believe the seats he got. Phenomenal!
- The kids started school this week. It's been an adjustment, but a good thing too. We are all more settled and happier. As much as I hate to admit it, all 5 of us are routine lovers. Go with the flow isn't in our vocabulary.
- CS starts pre-K on Monday. We went and met with her teacher this morning. She's in love!
- I need to publically thank my Mom and Grammy for taking care of the kids so Chuck and I can have a little weekend getaway. We haven't done this since...well.....having kids.
- Oh, I thought I'd share a couple pictures. Please note that they are scans of the originals and that they originals are copyright protected from the original photographer. Okay, disclaimer over.
[caption id="attachment_6137" align="aligncenter" width="241" caption="It's official!"][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_6136" align="aligncenter" width="219" caption="I was jumping and so giddy!"][/caption]
Friday, August 17, 2012
Kandi's Confessions ~ 10 year anniversary edition
My confessions this week are going to be super short and super sweet. You've been warned.