Friday, August 10, 2012

Kandi's Confessions

This week I confess:

  • I have the meanest husband ever.  Seriously.  He bought tickets to something for our anniversary and then, instead of putting them somewhere to hide, sealed them in an envelope and put them on the bookshelf.  I walk by that thing a thousand times a day.  I have no idea what's in it.  He did it on purpose and for that, he is mean.

  • Actually I'm pretty excited about whatever is in the envelope.  I cannot wait until our anniversary to open it.  Oh, and he's really not mean.  He just likes to surprise me.  I'm so spoiled.  I know this!

  • CS has been really clingy this week.  I'm not sure why, but she has.  I'm not complaining though.  I genuinely like hanging out with my kids.

  • We started soccer full force this week.  Between each of the kids, we have practice every single day!

  • Speaking of soccer, I tweeted the picture below yesterday.  A wasn't crying, she just had water in her eyes.  Why did  she have water in her eyes?  The US Women's soccer team won gold.  I love that she has been inspired by these great roll models.  In the pic below she was watching the gold medal ceremony.  She played with the soccer ball the whole time the game was on.


  • I totally passed off purchased pizza as homemade last night.  I don't think they bought it, but I tried hard.  I just didn't have the time or energy to cook.  I did pair it with a salad and fresh fruit for balance.

  • I have gotten really crafty this past week.  It's my go-to when things get stressful and out of my control.  With crafting I can focus all my energy on doing something for me (or others in this case).


Well, I think I'm done for this week.  I know they were short, but we've been busy.  Besides, I need to get things ready for today.  I'm taking the kids to the Zoo for one last hurrah before school starts next week.  Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog on Mom's Monday Mingle! I too cry watching the athletes win Gold! Even though I am a mother of two, it still is inspiring to think that maybe my boys will want to be as dedicated to a sport like these kids/adults are.

    ReplyDelete