Friday, November 30, 2012

Kandi's Confessions


I know it's been a while since I've posted.  I'll be honest, I've been on serious burn out mode for a while.  When we started blogging, I had lots to post about.  It was fun.  However, as time has passed it was becoming more of an obligation.  A job without a paycheck, so to speak.  While that's fine for most of the time, I got a serious case of burn out.  I've had nothing to say or exciting for a while.  My apologies for not being here, but I hope you all understand.  It was nice to not have to think about what I/we were posting for a while.  It made my schedule a little more flexible and I liked that.

Anyway, here are my confessions for the week.


  • I've been pretty busy this week.  Except yesterday.  Yesterday CS and I took a 3 1/2 hour nap.  That hasn't happened for a long time!

  • I have had a friend on my mind a lot this week.  She is about to experience a loss and will need strength to get through it.

  • I've been having pregnancy dreams.  You know, the ones that are really vivid but make no sense whatsoever?  Yeah, those.  No, I'm not pregnant.

  • Chuck and I have been spending the last 6 months or so really focusing on ourselves.  Not the kind of focus where we change our hair or diet or anything like that.  The kind where we are spending time together just talking.  We were both very tired of the "living in the same house but not really communicating" thing.  I can say without a doubt that this is the closest we've been in a long time.  The best part, it trickles down.  The kids are behaving better.  The house is in decent order.  We actually have time to do things.  We've become the team we used to be, but had allowed to slip by the wayside.  Not happening again.  We are back on equal footing and it's going to stay this way.

  • We're trying to decide whether to get a XBox Kinect or Wii for the 'family gift' this holiday season.  I see the pros and cons of each but it's really going to come down to money.  I can't see spending oodles of money on something that we are going to limit to a couple of hours per week.  That just seems wasteful.  While we love our electronics, we aren't attached to them.  No playing on games for hours on end in our house.  Feel free to share your opinion!

  • We will be putting up the Christmas decorations this weekend.  Call me crazy, but I don't rush this holiday.  There is an actual reason for it, not just gifts and shopping.  Nothing goes up in our house until December 1.  Until then, we are focused on fall and giving thanks.  A month of thankfulness doesn't end just because Thanksgiving is over.

  • Since my "break" from blogging, I've been spending more time with people one on one.  It's been really great and I've even added a few new organizations and causes to spend time on.  I have to something for me.  I can't spend all my time cleaning, cooking, shuttling and taking care of the kids.  I need time to do things that I enjoy.  After all, this is showing my girls that Mommy has a life outside of "Mom-land".  It's important for me to show them that.

  • We've had all 3 of the kids conferences recently.  All are above average and excelling.  I'm so thankful for terrific teachers and the ability to be involved in the kids schools.

Well, I think that's it.  If you have an opinion on the whole XBox/Wii thing, let me know!  Have a super weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment