Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Transformation Tuesday ~ I did it!

I know I've been talking about it on here for a few weeks.  I'm sure you're probably tired of me talking about it, but this is the last one.  I think.



On Saturday, I ran/walked the Color Me Rad 5k!  I did it.  I actually did it.  You have no idea how excited I was.  Or how colorful.  I'm going to share a couple of pictures from the race though, so you'll see exactly how colorful I was.

A ran with me.  I think I may have forgotten to add that in all my previous posts.  She was so excited to be there.  As we were standing at the starting line, she was stretching and plotting out strategy.  According to her, we would run through the colors and be done in 5 minutes.  Who was she kidding?

Reality is that we jogged the first 1/3 of the race.  Then we walked the middle and jogged the last 1/3.  Yes, my goal was to run the whole thing.  However, I'm a Mom first, so my job wasn't to get a good time or run fast.  It was to spend some quality time with my 7 year old and share a few laughs in the process.  I'm so happy for my success at meeting one of my big goals.  I'm more happy that A made it through the entire race.  3.1 miles is a big deal for someone at that age.

What was the best part?  Well, I have several.  Being able to participate with A was the best part.  Next to that would be the color itself.  It was so much fun being pummeled by the Color Bomb Squad.  My only suggestion to this would be that the Color Bomb Squad pay more attention to the fact that kids are in the race.  A got sprayed in the face.  She became very smurfy a little bit later as she danced her way through the blue color!

Would I recommend this race.  Yes!  It was a lot of fun.  It was messy.  It was exciting.  The best part of all, it was for charity.  What's the biggest downfall?  Cleaning up.  A little soap, a lot of scrubbing, and then more scrubbing.  Oh and if you have light colored hair I would highly recommend something to cover your hair.  A's blonde hair is quite colorful.  Thankfully she's little so it just looks like a cool summer style.  She has green, blue and some pink in her hair.  She thinks it's quite cool.

And, here is a picture of us post race.  We were very, very colorful.  It was so worth it!

[caption id="attachment_6054" align="aligncenter" width="194" caption="So much fun!"][/caption]

Disclaimer:  For promoting the Color Me Rad race, I was given a free entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment